Sunday, November 29

Generic Meds Are My Heroes!

For the past several days I have been developing some sort of sickness.  To this moment, I'm not 100% sure of what exactly it was, but it was no fun.  It started the day after Thanksgiving with normal allergy-like symptoms, I took some DayQuil and didn't really worry about it (even though it never really helped).  However, by Saturday night it had progressed into something that was no longer ONLY allergies (as I had fooled myself into thinking), and I was desperately in need of some meds, yet unwilling to leave the comfort of my warm bed to go get them.  Luckily, I have a truly remarkable Hubby who called when he was leaving work and said, "What do you want me to get you from the store?  What do you need medicine for? And are you hungry at all?  Soup?," etc.

It was marvelous to hear!  He came back with some food and these meds (that's right, we ONLY get the good stuff - generic all the way!)



AND



Almost 24 hours since the first dosage (PLUS Cough Syrup for my symptoms) and I feel about 75-80% normal!  I'm not one to enjoy going to the doctor - in fact I pretty much loathe it with every fiber of my being, and find it needlessly costly to go to someone and have them say "It's only a sinus infection, go rest" when I can just medicate myself like crazy and get better!  (Plus, then you have the war stories like: I took a dayquil, some cough medicine, a dosage of airbourne, some zinc drops and slept for 12 hours!)

All of this to say, "Hubby knows best!"  He's such a great man and takes really great care of me.  He even brought me ELF, the movie, from the living room where it resides in the entertainment center when I asked him to get it while laying in bed in the bedroom! :)  GOOD MAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment